[SECC] SECC DX SSB

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Fri Feb 28 06:00:33 EST 2003

Well guys, this is it! Tonight at 1900 I start my first contest.

I will be a Single Operator, Single Band (10M), 25 Watts (RS HTX-10), operation.

I realize that this contest starts just as the band usually dies, but maybe I'll get a few Carribean and SA stations.  Tomorrow, I've got a couple of "things" but hope to put in at least 6-8 hours. Sunday will be a noon to close operation with a few breaks, probably a 4-6 hour effort.

A few questions:
     If your're a sqeaky toy like me, do you S&P or find a clear freq and holler? I plan to S&P, but will listen to all advice.
     If I pull out the TS-160 and try to do another band after dark, what should I choose, 40 or 75?  This rig is 100W.  I'll just put the proper resonator on the Hustler MO-2.  Also, if I do, I'm confused about something I read:
<snip>
3.1.2.1. A participant may submit only one single band entry. If contacts are made on other bands, the log file must clearly be marked as Single Band in the header of the Cabrillo file.
<snip>
How can I work on another band and submit an SOSB report?

Thanks for you patience with the over-excited newbie...

Scott Straw
KB4KBS