[SECC] I'm still here...

Sherman Banks (W4ATL) w4atl@arrl.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 18:47:32 -0500

Please no rule changes that will affect the GAQP contest module that has
finally been made available for Writelog.

-----Original Message-----
From: secc-admin@contesting.com [mailto:secc-admin@contesting.com]On
Behalf Of jshort@mindspring.com
Sent: Thursday, January 02, 2003 10:28 AM
To: secc@contesting.com
Subject: [SECC] I'm still here...

John (and all),

     I am sorry that I haven't replied back to any of the messages about
changing the GQP to April.  The past 6 weeks have been extremely busy for
me;
especially in terms of work and "home".

     I had also hoped that my next message to the list would be to announce
that scoring was completed.  However, while we are closer to completion, it
will probably be another 2-3 weeks until scores are posted.  Yes, I know...
wish we had finished sooner as well.

     If we had decided on the exact weekend (no access to my old email from
work, which is where I am writing this), I can start on the process of
informing people about this.  In addition, was there any other rule changes
that were being considered?  Or is the date change "enough major changes"
for
one year?

Jeff

PS - I realize that my first year as "GQP Director" has not been the
smoothest.  Actually, some people may classify it as near disasterous... no
argument from me.  If there is a big enough consensus, I am willing to give
up
this role to someone else.  This is not to say that I want to do that... I
do
feel that I can do a better job the second time around.  I just want to open
the floor to that possibility.