[SECC] Vertical Followup - Actually 4 Sqare

Jeff Clarke ku8e@bellsouth.net
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 17:18:20 -0500

Gordon...

 Do you have enough trees around your QTH to just make the antennas for the 4 square
using wires???

I would think just around everyone around here has some trees that are high enough to
run ropes that would provide a high enough support. Another idea would be to look
into those 30 push-up masts that Rohn sells -
they might have them at Radio Shack too... I think they are pretty inexpensive.

                                    Jeff KU8E

Jeffrey D. Clarke 770-218-0278 email : ku8e@bellsouth.net

----- Original Message -----
From: "Macie, Gordon" <gmacie@xmmcorp.com>
To: <secc@contesting.com>
Cc: <w4zt@w4zt.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 4:19 PM
Subject: [SECC] Vertical Followup - Actually 4 Sqare

I was looking at putting up a four square for 40 to start with.

Option 1

Rohn 25      30' x 4  = 120'   x  35 section (used ?)       $   420
Tower Insulator Set from Array Solutions  $180 x 4       $   720
Comtek box                                                               $  350
                                                                           ----------
----

1490 plus ???? coax, connectors, dummy load, ??

Irrigation Pipe      120'    x   $3.75 foot                          $ 450 (more than
the tower !)
Home Made Insulator ????                                          $    0  ???
Comtek box                                                               $ 350
                                                                            ---------
---

800

As you can see the insulators are a big cost I didn't think about. Could use some
suggestions..

Just dreaming...

Gordon N4LR

multipart/alternative