[SECC] NAQP SSB January 2003 K4BAI

John T. Laney, III k4bai@worldnet.att.net
Mon Jan 20 04:00:28 EST 2003

For SECC#2, here is the result at K4BAI.

The 40 meter dipole worked great.  I have don't nothing since last
weekend except disconnect the coax and connect it back up.  I did notice
that the insulator has pulled over a tree branch on one end.  Don't
think that would make much different.  Anyway, the antenna received and
transmitted very well.  My score is low on that band due to not being on
that band very much.  My wife and I went to a Lettermen concert at the
Rivercenter in Columbus and I was only able to opearate about 6.75
hours.

Band    QSOs    Mults

160    43            17
80      27            16
40      68            34
20    228            47
15      94            30
10      42            16

ALL  502           160   = 80,320 points.

Not surprising, 10 and 15 were very far down from last year.  I still
had some power line problems on these bands, particularly 10.  Not much
possible by backscatter.  20 was fine most of the time, but suffered
from lack of activity as long and 10 and 15 were very active.  The low
bands were very quiet and I was able to work everyone I heard in the
general class bands on 40 and 75, and most that I heard on 160.  Notable
exceptions (alligators) were W0ETC and K2AAW, who had terrific signals,
but didn't copy me.  K2AAW did get parts of my call at various times,
but never put it all together.  W0ETC didn't know anyone else was
calling.

Worked N2XD, NS4T, KU8E, WB6BWZ, W4NTI, K4NO, KT4ZB.  Heard someone
working NE4S.  Heard someone saying he was ED in GA on 160 (K4SB?).
Probably left someone out.

73,

John, K4BAI.