[SECC] KU8E - CQ 160 CW

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 26 12:11:14 EST 2003

                          2003 CQ 160 METER CONTEST

     Call used: KU8E                                           Location: GA

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW               Power: Low

     Callsign of Operator(s):

     Exchanged Information: KU8E RST GA

     band      QSOs     points
     -------------------------
     160        264        625
     -------------------------
     TOTAL   264        625   X   58 multipliers  =  36,250

     Club or Team Name:  SECC

     Station : Kenwood TS830S - 100 watts and "T" antenna

Comments : Probably will not be on tonight so here is the score. I was mostly S&P
with an occasional CQ when I could find a clear frequency. It was very frustrating to
be pounced on all the time trying to work DX or for them to CQ in my face . I guess
that's life on 160 meters with only 100 watts. I heard PV8DX all over the place and
the guy could not hear 90% of the stations calling him!!  KV4FZ seemed to have the
same problem for awhile but I finally worked him.  Here is what I worked missed :

DX Worked :  ZF2NT, FM5GU, PJ2X, D4B, 9A1P, EA2LU/P, CT3FN, VO1HP, XE1MM, KV4FZ

Missed : ME,DC,MT,WY,ND,NS,MB,SK,AB,NWT,NB,YT,LB

DX Heard/Not Worked : PV8DX,FY5KE,I5JVA,9A1A,XE1V,G0IVZ,S50R,EA8ZS,HI3CR,OT3A,V31JP,

IK2NCJ,YT6T,HA0DU,HA8DU,EA6IB,YV1DIG,YV5MBX,P40,TI

Congrats to SECC 'ers - W8JI (W4AN) , K4BAI, K4EA, N4PN.etc... Sounds like you were
doing great !!!

I start my new job in Columbus (GA) tomorrow and we will be moving sometime during
Feb. so hopefully we will find a house to rent where I can put up a real 160
antenna......

                 73's Jeff KU8E

Jeffrey D. Clarke 770-218-0278 email : ku8e at bellsouth.net