[SECC] Web Access for the KS4Q DX Cluster

Ernie ks4q at zingleman.com
Thu Jan 30 23:38:16 EST 2003

All,

The reason I was up and down tonight was that I was installing a web application on the cluster machine.  Those of you that don't use telnet but want to dial in every now and then can now watch the DX.

Moreover, those of you that use the telnet or packet side can quickly log onto the web and set the vast majority of your spotting preferences for your telnet or packet sessions e.g, tell the cluster what you want to see.

For instance, if you are going for the world renowned "Worked All DL" award, you can tell the cluster that you only want spots for 'DL' DX.  It will make sure that you don't see any for Bouvet, Yemen etc...  Well, you get the point anyway!

Let me know what you think of it!  The address for the web interface is:

http://ks4q.no-ip.com:4000/dx.asp
or
http://66.23.195.102:4000/dx.asp

Later in the week, I will move the cluster from Telnet port #23 to port #7300.  In your logging programs you will need to have entered the following Telnet addresses into your logging programs.

66.23.195.102:7300
or
ks4q.no-ip.com:7300

I've set it up so that both of them will work for the time being, so go ahead and change over now!
Let me know if you have any questions!

73, Ernie KS4Q