[SECC] PZ Dxpedition

Greg Richard k4no at mchsi.com
Thu Jul 10 20:17:50 EDT 2003

I received a letter from Floyd N5FG on behalf of the Magnolia DX Association.

Greg K4NO

From: Magnolia DX Association

Floyd Gerald (N5FG / K5MDX) 17 Green Hollow Road Wiggins MS 39577

South East Contest Club CIO Gregory Richard J2J2l\iIaysvllle Koad Huntsville AL 35811

Dear Fellow Contesters & DXers,

July 1,2003

The purpose of this letter is to officially request your club's support of an upcoming DX and Contesting Expedition to the country of Suriname (PZ) in South America.

I represent the Magnolia DX Association (MDXA) here in the state of Mississippi and its more than 100 members both in a.'1d out of the state. Our club is very active in DXing, Contesting (K5:r-IfDX), and multiple operations from two unique IOTAs as W4D (NA-213) and K5C (NA-082).

In October of 2003 our club will take these combined skills to a new level. Three MDXA members will team up with PZ5RA to sponsor a major operation from the country of Suriname from 20 - 28 October. Two full HF stations, complete with beams and amplifiers, will be on all bands 10m through 160m. The visit will also coincide with the 2003 CQWW SSB Contest where the crew will activate PZ5A as a multi- two category entry. Individual team members will sign PZ5CQ (KD5CQT), PZ5FF (K2FF), and PZ5UE (W5UE) before and after the contest. A full-featured web page has been activated to announce this event.

So how can you and your club members help? Well, each individual team member is putting up $1,500 to $2,000 as a starth'lg point towards this event. However, more funds need to be raised between now and October in order to make this a top-notch expedition. All donations received from individuals and clubs will be used to offset expenses for equipment (some of which will be left in PZ as a donation), full color QSLs, and other normal costs associated with such an event. Your individual club's support would go directly towards QSL and equipment expenses. The MDXA will properly recognize any and all those who make contributions.. .either on the web page and/or the PZ QSLs. But regardless of what you can or can't contribute, mark your calendars for this event and work us on as many bands/modes as possible!

So please keep an eye on our web page www.mdxa.org for continuing PZ news/updates, very forward to hearing from you soon and ,adding you to our list of supporters!

Sincerely, -';";"-"

~ 11'), ,d

FIOY~ :::::(JSFG / KSMDX

President, Magnolia DX Association N5FG at MDXA.ORG