[SECC] Re: CQ WW VHF

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Jul 21 11:23:11 EDT 2003

There was a great 6-meter opening for an hour or more before the CQWW
VHF contest started at 19Z Saturday.  It quickly went away and the rest
of Saturday was very spotty.  Apparently I caught just the last of a
good Sunday morning opening when I returned from church.  Later on, we
had a real good (and short skip) opening to Florida.  Toward the end,
the band opening minimally to the west.  I heard no DX (except VE3s)and
no double hop to the west coast.  Hope everyone with a 6M rig made a few
QSOs.

I did work KU8E and AF4OD/R locally.  Heard K4EA, W4GF, K4KJZ and heard
a station working K4WI.  Also, a local, W4OM, called me.

This is the first time I have every heard the 6M band open during CQ WW
VHF.  I need to get my all mode rig for 2 meters up and running before
the next VHF contest.

73,

John, K4BAI.