[SECC] IOTA Contest This Weekend

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 24 13:27:44 EDT 2003

   Hi All,

   We have decided at the last minute to drive over to the Georgia coast this
 weekend for some fun and sun. I have always wanted to try the IOTA contest
 after being surprised by the amount of activity in it during a drive back to
 Ohio a couple years ago during the weekend it was being held. I will on from
 either Jekyll Island or St Simons Island, which are in the Georgia Island
 Group, which is NA-058. I will be using the normal mobile setup - the Icom
 706MKIIG and the Hustler mobile whips. I will probably just do the 12 hour
 CW category that they have. If conditions suck I will maybe do some SSB,
 and if they really suck then.... I guess I will just go down to the beach and
 have some fun with the wife and kids. Either way it should make it a fun
 weekend...

                      73 Jeff KU8E