[SECC] Some wind damage

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 26 16:53:06 EDT 2003

Tom Drake wrote:
> 6061 Aluminum will work fine.  Texas Towers is supposedly the best source
> these days unless you know someone at a servicecenter.  If you have a
> manual,  try Mosley or CushCraft.
>
> Mosley still uses the aluminum castings for element-to-boom mounting.  A
> premium design,  but a bit heavy and pricey.  Go big or stay at home...

Well, in spite of having given away at least 6 full pickup truck
loads, I still have
so much aluminum and fittings, including the Mosley clamps and traps
that I can't
store it all inside. And I have a BIG room in the basement with
hangers which hold nothing but aluminum tubing. Imagine a wall 8' high
and about 24' long with aluminum stacked in hangers which can support
bundles up to 12 inches in diameter.

So, if you need something, all you have to do is come get it. Free.
BTW, Lowe's carries 6061T6 in 8'-1" sizes. Little pricey at around $13
a stick, but by the time you order
and pay shipping, it about equalizes.

Now we get to all the stuff outside, including 2 5 element Hygain 15
meter beams, 1 18 mHz beam, booms, thick wall stuff, and God only
knows what else.

Who wants a 100'+ roll of 3/4" Andrews heliax. Yours for the taking.

73
Ed