[SECC] ARRL June VHF Contest This Weekend

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 13 16:35:40 EDT 2003

 Hi All...

  Is anyone doing the VHF contest this weekend ???  I remember K4EA mention
he is going up to NC in the mountains. Anyone else ??

 Condx have been pretty good on 6 meters for about the last week. A couple nights ago it was open to the east coast and midwest. I worked about 50
stations using my HF antenna - an 88 ft center fed zepp. I even got some answers to my CQ and had a small pileup for awhile.

 Depending on how good the condx are on Saturday I might just jump in my car with my DK9SQ mast and a quad loop for 6 meters and do a small rover operation.
Looking at the map I am only about 75 miles from the intersection of EM73 , EM83, EM71 and EM81 - which I think are pretty rare grids. If 6 really opened up it could be real "fun" just doing 6 meters !!!  Although I have 2 meters and 432 - I don't have antennas built now plus I'm not sure how much
activity there is down that far south to make it worth while??? I would appreciate any advice I can get about VHF contesting down here.....

                              73's Jeff