[SECC] Ga QSO Party, Russian DX Contest, etc.

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 13 17:08:45 EST 2003

Hello all:

Attn Jeff, KD3UC.  I took a look at the SM3CER contest info site today
and there is no listing for the Ga QSO Party on April 12 and 13 or for
anytime in April.  I thought you had taken care of this several weeks
ago.

Of course, NCJ came today and the WA7BNM contest calendar didn't have
the GQP in April either.  I guess the publication deadline was too early
for us to have made that calendar.

I am ready to start some e-mail hype for it, but I can't do so until I
have a website updated to refer people to.  What about last year's
results other than the trophy winners?  What about the certificates and
mailed out or e-mailed results to participants?

New subject:  For those of you not spending the whole weekend at the
hamfest, there is the annual Russian DX Contest.  This has become quite
a popular contest.  It runs from 12Z to 12Z Saturday to Sunday and you
can enter on one or both modes.  You can use your CT or TR or Writelog
or about a dozen other logging programs.  There is an outside Russia
Club Competition in this one.  Please consider entering to the extent
you have time, have fun in the contest, and send in your entry for the
club competition for South East Contest Club.

There is also a Virginia QSO Party this weekend.  They have big plans
and it could be fun.  I still need two counties in Virginia that I have
never confirmed all-time, so I will certainly be listening around for
them even with my beam stuck pointed south.

The URL for the rules for the Russian DX Contest is
http://www.rdxc.org/rules. I think that will do it.  Or you can find a
"jump" from the WA7BNM contest calendar.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.  Recommended reading is in the new
issue of NCJ on the "revitalization" of the Minnesota Wireless
Association.  Do they have any ideas that we could use for SECC?

73,

John, K4BAI.