[SECC] So, how was Dayton?

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon May 19 10:36:49 EDT 2003

I flew up on Thursday night and stayed at the Crowne Plaza for the weekend. Thanks to Jerry, K1SO for the room. Gary, K9AY , an ex-SECCer stayed with me.
As others noted.. the WX was good on Friday and a washout on Saturday - It rained all day long. The only other SECC guys I ran into were W4ATL, W4OC, K4EA and N4PN.

 The contest forum was more interesting that usual this year. They had a cool presentation on the PJ2T station - which I had operated from in the past - so had a personal interest in that. They also showed the complete WRTC film that was made by James , 9V1YC. Gary and I also attended the contest dinner. We had
the DX editor of JA-CQ magazine at our table - JR1OTC (?) - he took our pictures and my guess is that they might show up in a future issue of JA-CQ??
Also made the contest suites all 3 nights and the usual people were there.

I have been going to Dayton for over 25 years straight and it's always cool to meet a contester for the first time - this year it was Ken, N6RO. Believe it or
not it's the first time he had been to Dayton in 50 years of being a ham.

I ended up buying a CW filter for the IC706 , a W1WEF keying interface and the NCJ CD-rom. This was the first time I have been back to Ohio since moving south and it was nice to meet up with my mom and dad for breakfast before flying home
early Sunday afternoon.....

                   73's Jeff KU8E