[SECC] Headphones

Matt Lee, WB6BWZ Matt at Tenn-Valley.com
Tue May 27 17:36:03 EDT 2003

Jay,

The Heil Pro-Set Plus! also hurt my ears but only if I do not position the
headset carefully to keep my relatively small ears inside the recessed cushions.

Other than that, I highly recommend the headset. I like having the A/B speaker
phase reversal capability.

Also HC-4 and HC-5 switchable elements, especially since the Yaesu FT-817 has
VHF-UHF FM bands.

I have not made HF SSB on-the-air comparison tests between the FT-817 stock
microphone and the HC-4 element. What I do know is that my HF SSB contest scores
improved significantly after I began using the HC-4 element.

I bought my Pro-Set Plus! from HRO-Atlanta. They always have several Pro-Set
Plus! in-stock. Ask them to let you evaluate one with the demo rigs (like they
did when the Pro-Set Plus! was delivered to them initially).

--
Matt Lee, WB6BWZ
Atlanta, Georgia USA