[SECC] Fall Contest Plans ??

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 8 18:19:07 EDT 2003

  Hi All...

   It doesn't seem like there is much talk going on with the reflector considering we are just about ready to enter the heart of the contest season. It would be nice to hear what plans everyone has for this coming contest season? I thought I heard some rumblings on cq-contest that K0DQ will be back down in the Carribean for CQWW ?? Lets hear what your plans are Scott ???  How about W4AN ?? Any big plans from up in Daloneaga this Fall?? It's been a shame
that that nice station has been so quite lately (except for the times Bill
gets on during the CW Sprint and blows us all away !!) How about W8JI ?? Any
plans on the top band for this year now that we are returning to some decent
conditions on 160 ??

  We are just a couple weekends away from CQWW SSB. It's going to be the first
big test for the 'new' NQ4I M/M station. Rick has invited me over to help out
K4BAI on 15 meters. I will be also probably be doing some low band operating as
well helping out on 75 and 160 meters. I know Rick has been working hard and
has built this station almost singlehandedly. I am looking forward to be part of
his team for that weekend...

 I have been pretty inactive on the air this summer except for my mobile adventures with K4BAI and a solo effort in a trip to Ohio when the OQP was
going on. And of course, I never miss the CW Sprint.

 Other than CQWW weekend my Fall contesting is probably going to consist of a bunch of part time efforts.. We are expecting our 3rd child sometime in the beginning of December. I am going to try real hard to put a full time low power
effort in CW SS. I am also planning to stick up an inverted L and experience 160 meters with a 'real antenna' from the southeast USA this season.

 How about everyone else out there ??? Lets hear what's going on. Look forward to seeing everyone on the bands again...

                        73 Jeff  KU8E