[SECC] This weekend's contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 4 11:52:14 EDT 2003

The big contest this weekend for SECC will be the Sept. NA Sprint.  I
hope a lot of members are on teams.  It runs Saturday night local time 8
PM unitl midnight, 00 to 04 UTC.  Exchange both calls, QSO number, name
and SPC or "DX."  Spot frequencies are 3540, 7040 and 14040.  Only these
three bands will be used and mults are once per contest, not per band as
in NAQP.

This is also the weekend for the annual All Asia contest on SSB.  It
runs the whole 48 hour period, 00 Sat UTC until 2359 Sun UTC.  We should
have a good shot at some 20 M QSOs in our mornings and perhaps some 15M
QSOs in our evenings.  Of course, the UA9s may be workable all day on
20M--there just won't be too many of them.  Other goodies like mid east
stations, Cyprus, etc are likely to be active.  Signal report plus age
or "00" for YLs.

IARU Region 1 FD (Europe mainly) on SSB is 13 UTC Saturday until 13 UTC
Sunday.  Exchange is RS plus serial number  160 through 10 M excluding
WARC, of course.  We can have fun working the European portables and
helping them out as they often do during our FD in June.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  I will start the weekend in Macon and
end it in Dallas, TX, but will be QRV for the NA Sprint for sure and
probably a few QSOs in the other two.

73,

John, K4BAI.