[SECC] Huntsville Hamfest

Bill Coleman aa4lr at arrl.net
Sat Sep 6 14:20:15 EDT 2003

On 8/24/03 2:28 PM, Greg Richard at k4no at mchsi.com wrote:

>Where do we go from here to increase activity of the SECC and become a
>major force in contesting?

Greg,

I think we need two efforts:

1) Recruitment - we need to find contestors or interested parties and get
them involved. Along this line, we need to mentor or educate budding
contestors.

2) Activity - everyone in the club needs to get on for any contest that
they can. Even if it is just a few hours, it adds up. For ARRL contests,
we're allowed up to 50 scores in the Medium category, and even though we
have more than that many eligible members, we have never put in that many.

I'm always amazed at the number of teams that the TCG manages to put
together for NAQP. Sometimes they have 6 or 7, while we struggle to put
together 2 or 3.

--

Two years ago, NQ4I was planning an open house, right before 9/11 struck.
We don't have to have meetings at Hamfests, we can just call for a

Any takers?

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901