[SECC] Meetings

Hal Kennedy halken at comcast.net
Sat Sep 6 14:40:58 EDT 2003

Bill,

I think gatherings (don't like the concept of meetings) would be
helpful...and count me in.  I'd like to meet more of the locals.
Unfortunately I dont have a place to hold a meeting ... but I would be happy
to chip in for food, drink, whatever.

PVRC picked up some participation by offering awards within the club... it
seems a shame though to have to offer 'contesters' something beside the
contest itself just to get them to do some contesting - or am I missing
something?  There are at least three PVRC open houses during the summer, the
first is the weekend before field day, and the third is just prior to the
fall season cranking up.  The second is somewhat ad hoc.  I believe these
help a lot.  Although the PVRC participation rates have not been all that
good over the past few years, they would be worse without the gatherings,
and the gatherings are a lot of fun in and of themselves.

Hal
N4GG