[SECC] Arkansas QSO Party 2003

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Sep 25 16:33:10 EDT 2003

After much searching, I finally found the website for the 2003 Arkansas
QSO Party.  It is in fact this weekend also.  00 UTC to 0600 UTC Sep 27
(this means Friday night local time) and 14 UTC Sep 27 until 01 UTC Sep
28.  Note that these dates are wrong in the ARRL Contest Corral for
September.  This is a Friday night and Saturday contest and not Saturday
night and Sunday as stated in QST.  Send RST/RS plus Ark county or SPC.
  Suggested frequencies:  50 khz up on CW and 3980, 7260, 14260, 21360,
28360.  It says that the contest starts when their Arkansas net ends on
3987.5 khz.  I assume that means that the net will be running at 00 UTC
Saturday (Friday local) and some good contacts might be made by being
QRX on that frequency at the end of the net.

The website here is very hard to find.  It isn't correctly referenced on
any contest calendar I reviewed, but I finally found it with a websearch
(and it was sort of obscure even there).
http://www.qsl.net/w5scr/arkansas_qso_party_2003.htm.

I suspect the publicity on this contest has been so poor and so
confusing that there may not be much competition.  It might be a good
chance to win a plaque, but they seem to offer only certificates, hi.

73,

John, K4BAI.