[SECC] Re: Memorial Club Call

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 13 15:51:36 EDT 2004

> > Some members apparently would prefer his club call of K4AAA.  However, I
> > think that might be more complicated.  I have no idea who else might
> > have been an officer of the Dahlonega Contest Club, who could transfer
> > the trusteeship or the call to SECC.

The transfer of the trustee of K4AAA is not a matter of concern. Bill
was the trustee, and as such, the question is mute.

All that is really necessary is to call a meeting on the internet of
the Dahlonega Contest Club, and announce your intention of joining
that club. Also, announce that such is for the election of 1
additional officer, be that what it may. Make it Operations
Co-ordinator. The trustee of the club may then be transferred to one
of the SECC members, with the signature of that additional officer. No
vote is necessary on the transfer. A vote by several members to elect
that officer would be necessary, but should not present any problems.

We now have the Dahlonega Club call with K4??? as the trustee. It is
then a simple matter to submit FCC form 605 to the ARRL, REPEAT, ARRL.
Mark the purpose as "Other" and then change the name and it's all
done.

This may be a big surprise to many, but the signature or consent of a
Trustee is NOT required to transfer trusteeship. Strange, yes, also
true.

And John, PLEASE, the name of my club to be is the PAULDING, not
Rockdale Contest Club.

I anticipate about 1 month of elapsed time to free up the SECC name.

73
Ed