[SECC] GQP Observations

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Apr 15 09:33:04 EDT 2004

I suggest changing some of the suggested frequencies.  The 40-meter CW
frequency is so high that the European guys generally can't hear us
through European SSB QRM.  In addition, if we every conflict with a RTTY
contest, those frequencies will be unusuable.  We now specify 7045.  Fla
specifies 035 up on every band.  I don't know that we need to change the
suggested frequencies on other bands, but it would be a good idea to
change the 40 meter frequency to 7035.

As to SSB frequencies, we should consider changing the three bands where
the suggested frequencies are on the limite between the General Class
and higher bands.  We have had several complaints that the selection of
frequencies effectively eliminates General class participants because
the ops tend to operate on or below the specified frequency.  Fla's
frequencies are higher.  Let's see how they do in Fla next weekend.
Maybe we should move the suggested frequencies on those bands from 3850,
7225, and 21300 to something like 3890, 7260, and 21370.  Anybody know
of any nets on those frequencies so that we should avoid them?

73,

John, K4BAI.