[SECC] This weekend's contests

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 5 11:09:43 EDT 2004

Hello all:

This weekend has a PSK-RTTY contest, a 10 M SSB contest, A lighthouse
QSO contest, the NAQP CW, and ARRL UHF contest.

1.  TARA Grid Dip Shindig.  00 50 24 Z Sat.  160-6M.  Exchange:  Name +
4 character grid square (example EM72).
http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_grid_rules.html.

2.  10-10 International Summer SSB Contest.
0001 Z Sat to 2359 Z Sunday.  (Both this contest and the next ones have
the pecularity of running for 23 hours and 58 minutes for some reason.)
10M SSB only.  Exchange:  Name, SPC, 10-10 club number.  Non-members
also participate and just don't give a number.
http://www.ten-ten.org/rules.html.

3.  National Lighthouse Weekend QSO Party.  0001 Sat to 2359 Z Sun.
160-10M all modes.  Exchange:  Member #, name, SPC for ARLHS members.
QSO#, name, SPC for non members.  Stations on lighthouses or lightships
send the lighthouse or lightship number plus name and SPC.
http://arlhs.com/NLLW-2004-guidelines.html.

4.  North American QSO Party, CW.  18Z Sat to 06Z Sun.  Maximum of 10
hours.  160-10M CW.  Exchange:  Name and SPC.
http:www.ncjweb.com/cwnaqprules.php.

5.  ARRL UHF Contest.  18Z Sat to 18Z Sun.  All modes.  222 mhz and up.
  Exchange:  4 character grid square.
http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2004/uhf.html.

I will miss most of these contests, but might get in a few on 10 SSB or
a few lighthouse stations early in these contests.

I am going out of town for a bankruptcy law seminar and should return
early Thursday morning. Please post your claimed scores by Wednesday and
I'll try to summarize them Thursday.  Good luck and much fun for all!

73,

John, K4BAI.