[SECC] NAQP CW

K4SB k4sb at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 9 00:20:40 EDT 2004

Not a good effort, but best I can do now a days with my ears. Almost
totally S & P. Ears can't break 2 signals apart any more. Thank God
for RTTY.

Conditions were weird..1 min 15 is open only to wrong coast, then W1.
20 same way.
40 started out OK, but as the night wore on, this horrible "growl?"
kept increasing. Finally gave up about midnight. The big yagis on 20
and 15 were almost worthles. TH11DX was hearing much louder.

And WL won't generate a summary file for me so...

193 Qs, 54 Multipliers ( I think ) and score of 15,552 for SECC team
2.

Nice to work a lot of the guys. Think I got Hal on 3 bands. And I
swear, KU8E is an telepathic. On 20, at night, I hear WAY WAY down in
the noise 8U...called him and qrz comes back. Called again and got
maybe one or two letters of the whole exchange. ( think they were an S
and F. Yep, logged him.

About 4pm, took off the Sony cordless headphones  and placed them
around my neck, and lay my head on the desk. 2+ hours later, I hear
this BOOMING CQ, back to earth and it's about 6:30. I swear I didn't
even close my eyes.

Total time excluding outer space about 8 hours.

73
Ed