[SECC] Ohio QSO Party later this month

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 13 11:37:09 EDT 2004

It's time to mark your calendars, whether paper, electronic, or  mental,
for
the 2004 Ohio QSO Party on Saturday, August 28.

This is a 12 hour event, from noon to midnight EDT (1600z to 0400z  August
29).

The OQP has two new features this year:

1.  A "Rover" category has been added, distinct  from "Mobile".  While the
Mobile category has the normal  "capable of motion" requirement, Rovers
may stop
and put down temporary  roots, like full size antennas and AC mains power.
This provides a great  opportunity to combine the thrill of the "fresh
meat"
pileups, of  being loud enough to attract some attention, and the
pleasure of
being outside  in the late summer weather.  It's also a great idea for solo
drivers  who would spend a lot of time parked anyway.

2.  This year a plaque will be awarded to the top Ohio Single  Operator
Phone
score. Note, however, that you can work CW,  enter mixed mode and still be
eligible for this plaque.  We  will break out your phone totals to
decide the
winner.  That is,  a station that makes 800 SSB qsos and 50 CW qsos will
beat a
station  that makes 750 SSB qsos. (Assuming the same phone multiplier
total,
of course.)

We hope you'll all join us on August 28.  Get on from home,  or come to
Ohio
to join us in the fun. Visitors are welcome!

Full OQP info is at      _www.oqp.us_ (http://www.oqp.us)

See you in the 2004 Ohio QSO Party.

Jim   K8MR
OQP Chairman