[SECC] QRP SK Memorial 3-hour Sprint, Sat, Sept 4, 2004, 1800Z to 2100Z

Matt Lee, K4AQ Matt at HiWAAY.net
Fri Aug 27 12:16:49 EDT 2004

QRO invited!

 http://2hams.net/ARCI/Memorial%20Sprint.htm

"CW ONLY.

"Our contest celebrates and honors the QRP luminaries who no longer
answer CQ's. Those generous people who graciously donated to the QRP
community their time, effort and knowledge to advance the premise that
more fun could be had using less than 5 watts.

"Some were irascible and some were even considered curmudgeons but when
you took a keen look at their accomplishments and listened to those who
knew them well you discovered truly wonderful people who would give you
their last diode.

"The people we are celebrating are well known among the QRP Community.
Some passed recently and some have enjoyed their reward many years. They
are not forgotten for their accomplishments live on either on the bands,
the internet, through published works or organizations that benefited
from their largess.

"This contest celebrates ALL SK's who now call CQ from above, where all
sigs are 599 and all contacts QSL 100%.

"A special certificate will be issued to members and non-members for
this QRP Memorial Sprint. Certificates will be mailed about two weeks
after contest completion.

"Please help publish this contest on any list server you are a member as
it is a VERY short time span before the contest and we want everyone QRP
or QRO to celebrate the many SK's we all knew and loved in years past."

--
Matt Lee, K4AQ
Atlanta, GA USA