[SECC] Spartan Sprint Monday night

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 2 10:32:02 EST 2004

Hello all:  Here is the latest info on this month's QRP Spartan Sprint
on Monday night local time.  The request to include SPC information with
your call in the claimed score procedure was mine.  The results seem
more meaningful to me if you know what SPC the scorer was in.  Hope some
of you will join this two-hour fun event.  Band conditions should be
pretty good if the bands aren't too long.  73, John, K4BAI.

Spartan Sprint Contest Monday -

** See Special Note Below

The December Spartan Sprint will be held on December November 6, 2004
(which is our
standard date--the first Monday of the month).  It's two hours of fun as you
contact other QRP CW stations on 80, 40, 20, 15, and/or 10 meters.

The contest starts at 9 pm EST, 8 pm CST, 7 pm MST, and 6 pm PST and
runs for
two hours.   That's 0200-0400 UTC.  The contest is Monday night, even
though the
UTC is Tuesday morning.

The Spartan Sprint exchange is RST - State - Power (e.g. 559 MI 5W).

Contest details and rules are at
www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/spartan_sprints/ss_rules_new.html

We will continue our special recognition for those who operate outdoors.
  If you
operate outdoors, please note it in your Soapbox comments after the contest.

After the contest report your summary and score at the autolog at
www.ARSqrp.com/ars/ss_log.html

In your Soapbox comments after the contest, start by listing your radio and
antenna.  We think everyone would be interested in this information.

** Special Note:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We are asking that you note your state, province, or country as part of
your callsign when you fill out the autolog.  Several members would like
to compare scores with others in their area.

The easiest way to do this is to append that info to your callsign in
the "Your Call" box of the autolog.  For example, NA8M in Michigan would
enter 'NA8M-MI' in the "Your Call" box.  VE3ELA in Ontario would enter
'VE3ELA-ON'.

If you are using the Spartan Sprint Logger, just enter the callsign with
QTH on the Sprint Web Submit screen as above.  It will be automatically
entered on the web site when you hit 'Submit'.

Good luck on Monday!

73 de NA8M
John
Contest Manager