[SECC] 10m contest next week end

Rick Dougherty NQ4I nq4i at contesting.com
Sun Dec 5 16:11:19 EST 2004

Hi all...the NQ4I station will be on for the 10m contest...Jim VE7ZO ( a new
member of the SECC) will be at the controls...the station is set up for
SO2R...that means in Jim's case he will have a radio on each mode CW and SSB
at the same time...there are enough antennas, and enough separation, and
coupled with positive lock-outs...Jim will be covering both bases at the
same time....He has a pair of FT-1000MP's and a pair of Alpha 78 amps...in
additions there will be 2 logging computers networked....so the log will be
available to either computer....a single head set will be configured for
right ear cw and left ear ssb....the right station will be on cw and the
left station will be for ssb....the SSB station will have a 3 high stack of
5 element yagis, and the cw station will have a combination of 6 yagis...8/8
to JA, 8/6 to EU, 5/5 to SA and single 6 el to VK/ZL......in addition the
top yagi is fully rotatable.....this is possibly the first of its kind in a
SO2R operation to attemp a dual mode SO2R...I hope that each of you will
make a point to catch Jim on both modes next weekend...thanks and Happy
Holidays de Rick nq4i