[SECC] Ten Tec Orion

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sat Dec 11 09:58:20 EST 2004

I will soon be putting my Ten Tec Orion up for sale and want to
offer it to any interested club members first.

This Orion was manufactured this year and currently has v1.372
firmware loaded. The only mark on the case is four small marks on
the heat sink where I had the external fan mounted. The Ten Tec
Model 705 microphone and the Ten Tec 302 encoder/keypad is included.
For roofing filters, it has the Inrad 600 hz filter in the 1kc slot
plus a 250hz roofing filter and includes the remaining standard
roofing filters that come with the rig. Original shipping boxes. The
downloaded owners manual, slightly marked up, bound in the Ten Tec
binder, is included.

The receiver on this radio is outstanding. Everything standard with
the radio is working excellent, however since I very seldom operate
SSB, I have not fully checked out that mode. The Orion works
flawless on RTTY and digital modes with direct connection to a PC
sound card, no interface needed. No power supply is available.

CW and QSK works extremely well up to about 50 wpm, but since I
often operate at speeds  higher than that, the Orion is just not
working out for me.

Asking price with all options mentioned above, is $3100.00. Anyone
interested, please contact me direct by aldermant at alltel.net

73,

Tom - W4BQF