[SECC] E-mail replies to K4BAI

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Feb 16 14:53:42 EST 2004

Hello everyone:

For some reason, my laptop computer sends out messages as if they came
from K4BAI at worldnet.att.net rather than k4bai at worldnet.att.net.  The
case of the call letters didn't seem to matter for the almost 7 previous
years that I used the AT&T service, but for the last month or so,
replies to messages from the laptop have been bouncing because the call
letters are in all caps, rather than in lower case.  I also had that
problem at the office for a while, but the court systems people seem to
have gotten it corrected from this machine.  So, if you want to reply to
a message from me and it seems to come from an address with K4BAI in all
caps, you will need to change it to lower case.  Or, just remember if
you get a bounce of a message to me, change the address to lower case
call letters and it will go through OK.  I'll try to figure out how to
change the laptop soon, but it was quite involved for them to change it
at the office and they were never sure what they did when it was
eventually changed.

73,

John, K4BAI.