[SECC] CQ WPX RTTY - Dalton Hamfest

Neal Sulmeyer k4ea at contesting.com
Sat Feb 21 16:35:40 EST 2004

I have been quite lackadaisical in my communications on this reflector.  Now
that I'm somewhat recovered from my surgery I will try to be more involved.
Anyway, I was active as NJ4U SB 15.  Ended up with 728 Q's 1693 pts, and 426
pfx's.  Score of 687,358.  I'm still having trouble with some stations not
being able to decode my rtty.  I have been using Writelog and Mmtty for two
years now.  There were at least a dozen stations that I called and told me
they could not decode my signal.  I wonder how many did not call me because
of this problem!

I still don't know if I can make the Dalton hamfest. My sister is expecting
her first child (we know it is a boy), and a trip to Philadelphia is eminent
for the B'ris ( eight days following the birth ).  So, I may be gone next
weekend.  If I'm here we should plan on an informal meeting.

Back to the ARRL DX CW.  Hope my line noise has died down!  It has been bad
all day long.

Neal Sulmeyer, K4EA
K4EA at CONTESTING.COM
K4EA at SVHFS.ORG