[SECC] Contesting Presentation

Roger Hackler rhackler at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 26 07:23:59 EST 2004

Hey gang:

I've been asked to do a 15 minute presentation at the March Meeting of the
Paulding County ARC on "Contesting for the Non-Contester" or "Contesting
from a non-contest station" or something in that light.  The good news is
that they want to learn about contesting.  The ARC is just getting back
together after a re-organization (which is why I'm not a member of many
groups...too many politics).

I agreed to help them out and am soliciting Ideas for the presentation.  I
want to keep it simple, and of course plug the SECC.

What I'm looking for is Ideas on what y'all think is important to present so
I can work it in.  My basic idea is to use the reflector here as sort of a
brainstorming session, then I'll put together the PowerPoint and get it out
to y'all for further comments.

I think this is a good opportunity to generate some interest for their
younger members, and maybe present contesting in a different light to some
of their older "We've had this net on this freq for the last 40 years"
members.

Any input will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

73 de KN6RO