[SECC] QSO from NQ4I with F/OK1RP/M

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Thu Feb 26 10:07:43 EST 2004

Hello all:

I thought you might be interested in this message from Petr, F/OK1RP,
about a QSO we had when I was at NQ4I on 15 meter CW last Sunday.  What
an interesting mobile on foot setup he had and he was able to make 22
USA QSOs with it!

73,

John, K4BAI.

Hi John,

well thank You very much for really enjoyable QSO with my 1W on mobile
operation. It was great challenge to be QRV on Sunday afternoon from
Mount Jalle near the Grenoble. I walked here with handy tcvr MX-21S from
Mizuho - 15m CW/SSB/1W supplied from AAA size 6xbattery cells and pump
key in the hands. As an antenna I used only mobile whip of 1.4m lenght
connected on the handy with 1/4wave...good theatre for other peoples
here on the hill, hi.
I worked during two or three hrs 22xUSA from 14 different states with
this simple and funny set-up. Really nice challenge for me. Well I heard
You very well on 15m but I was not sure if You got 1W from me...so
better to try repeat my power to You again. My hat going down before
Your receiving performance cause of my funny set-up even the whip
antenna only.
Regarding the F5KOG operation on Saturday...yes I worked You on all HF
bands I gues. Just only allowed to operate from company radio-club on
Sat. So I worked 175QSO and few FOCers but do not know how much cause of
mni special calls or affiliation to club calls etc.

Best regards to all John,

161, Petr F/OK1RP/p

P.S. Yes I will try to get the F5...also.

================= Pu*vodní zpráva =================
Od (From): "John Laney" <k4bai at worldnet.att.net>
Komu (To): "Petr Ourednik" <indians at seznam.cz>
Kopie (Cc): Pr(edme(t (Subject): Re: [FOC] OK1RP as F5KOG in ARRL CW
Datum (Date): 23. 2. 2004 15:33

 > Petr:
 >
 > I just read your e-mail sent before the contest this weekend.  It was
a great pleasure to hear and work your 1 watt mobile as F/OK1RP/M.
Sorry I don't remember hearing/working F5KOG, but I don't have the
complete log from NQ4I yet.  I worked only 21 mhz, but we made 1827 QSOs
on that band and 5907 overall.  Great fun!  I got your power as 1 watt
the first time I QSL'ed your exchange.  Sorry I didn't make that clear
to you.  I had "10" the first time, but when I asked you to confirm
"10," I heard the 1W very clearly.  Good job!

 > Good luck in France.  Hope you can get a F5Vxx call like a couple of
our other members.

 > 161,
 >

 > John, K4BAI.

Petr Our(edník
00420608230010 (private)
00420737565997 indians at seznam.cz
Novy Golf. Navstivte prodejce Volkswagen v ramci Tydnu s Golfem (20.2. -
7.3.) a vyhrajte novy Golf!
http://ad2.seznam.cz/redir.cgi?instance=70714%26url=http://www.volkswagen.cz