[SECC] KU8E - NAQP CW

Jeffrey D Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Sun Jan 11 13:40:25 EST 2004

                2004 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: KU8E                                           Location: GA

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW               Power: Low

     Callsign of Operator(s):

     Exchanged Information: KU8E JEFF GA

     Hours of Operation: 07:00

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     -----------------------------------
     160        153         153      39
      80        145         145      37
      40         65          65      24
      20        121         121      37
      15         41          41      21
      10         24          24      15
     -----------------------------------
     TOTAL      549         549     173      SCORE: 94,977

     Club or Team Name: SECC #1

     Comments:   I apoligize to all my team mates on SECC #1 . I had fully attended to do a close to FT effort but events beyond my control prevented this.

     Here is the story ...   I knew I might only get in maybe  9 - 9 1/2 hours since we had a birthday party planned for my 3 year old son , down at Chuckie
     Cheese in Columbus. I took my first off time around 3:15 and we are out the door on the way down in 10 mins....  We get in Columbus and the traffic
    comes to a halt.... This is not Atlanta folks so it must of been something big.....   It turns out a gas tanker truck exploded on the freeway, right near the
    airport and they are directing traffic off the freeway.  All the roads are grid locked !!!   What should of been a 25 min drive into town takes over an hour..
    If you are interested see http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/7681604.htm . To say the least this shot my plan of getting down to the party
    and back in 3 hours....

    Anyway , I finally get back on by 8:00 PM...  By then 20 meters is dead and 40 meters is way long to run anyone....  I spend the rest of the contest switching
    between running on 80 and 160 , with checks on 40 every once in awhile ,which works out pretty good since I was averaging 85-90 per hour until the end....   I
    Ended up having my worse score ever on 40 and 20 was down from what I usually do as well...   On the bright side 160 meters was great !!!   I had several W6/W7
    stations call in and had my highest number ever on that band.

    Very disappointing considering I averaged 80/hr for the time I was on and probably would of topped 800 QSO's with a FT effort.  In retrospect I probably should of put
   either WA4PGM or N4GG (sorry Hal but I though you said you would be PT) on SECC # 1....

                                                             73, Jeff