[SECC] Computer Crash during NAQP SSB

K4SB k4sb at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 21 02:35:24 EST 2004

John Laney wrote:
> Wow!  Several additional reasons not to switch to Writelog!
> Congratulations on finding and restoring it all, Gordon.  73, John.
--------------
Guys, Gordon's crash has absolutely nothing to do with the program he
was using. For example, if a hard disk write was in progress when
power was lost, you'll wind up with a corrupted file at the best. The
case for a floppy is even worse, if during the crash, the file was
being written. Now you have a floppy which is in all likelihood
unusable except with a re format.

The main thing to remember if that the FAT on all systems is changed
every time a write is performed.

Backup power and frequent saves of the log are the only solution.
Personally, when I use CT or one of the other DOS based programs, I
alternately switch between 2 floppies when saving the files.

73
Ed