[SECC] Fw: Your stand?

Robin Gist k4vu at bellsouth.net
Sat Jan 24 17:10:37 EST 2004

wow, sandy was really quick with the rubber stamp.  funny, he used to be
such a nice, anti-establishment kind-of-guy.

i emailed hq yesterday, asking for a copy of the actual proprosal.  i was
told that i could not get a copy until it was 'formally released'.  hmmm....

well, since i'm not one to complain without offering an alternative solution
(lest i become one of those 75m ssb paperweights, or feel like a hypocrite),
i am drafting a counter proposal to submit to the fcc.  personally, i
believe it makes more sense, as it counters some of the wishful statements
put forth by the ARRL, attempts to address proposal bias from 'pecuniary
interests' of the League, W5YI, rig manufacturers, etc., while offering the
FCC a method to make its life much easier by allowing them fulfill the
objectives of their earlier streamlining mandate.  since i have more respect
for contesters than any other amateur subculture (an obvious bias), i would
very much like to post it here and get honest and constructive critical
feedback from the SECC.  i was hoping to have it done by now, but work --
and now this 160m contest (which i was only going to 'diddle' with) -- has
gotten in the way.  it would also be nice to get the actual arrl proposal in
hand as well.

i know that i'm probably just fighting city hall, but i'm with margaret
meade:  a small group of determined people can change the world with their
ideas.

73/robin/k4vu

(y'all don't really know me here, but i'm not some raving reactionary
political type -- i'm really a pretty nice guy most of the time:  i just
hold a few things to a higher ideal.  like the bill of rights, and amateur
radio.)