[SECC] DISMAY AND DISGUST WITH ARRL AND DAVID SUMNER

Macie, Gordon GMacie at innotrac.com
Mon Jan 26 14:29:55 EST 2004

Some more rumblings from Mississippi...

From: Rob  <mailto:rob at selectconnect.net> Gardner
To: Doug  <mailto:km5km at avsia.com> Epps
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 11:05 PM
Subject: Re: DISMAY AND DISGUST WITH ARRL AND DAVID SUMNER

This is an open reply to Doug's email.  Please read and form your own
opinion.  Mine is set.
Hi Doug,

To heck with it, I am out. No more ARRL.  I have had it.  I have resigned as
ASM and will not renew my membership.  It is time for a new organization
that is for ham radio, not CB !  I am all for starting a grass roots
organization that supports the true meaning of amateur radio.  I will not
support this "money-Hungary" group that is headed up by David Sumner and
Joel Harrison.  They are supposed to support the membership, which I feel if
the members voted, it would be a landslide election in favor of increasing
the regulations to become an amateur operator, not decreasing them.

Anyone out there for forming a new national organization?  Amateur's
definitely need a new voice, because apparently, the ARRL is not
listening.... just doing what the hierarchy wants to do.  To heck with them.

73 de Rob - WJ5K
EX- Assistant ARRL Section Mgr. - MS

I am forwarding this to all my fellow amateurs that are on my mailing list.
I will not support the ARRL until they come to their senses.  If the ARRL
gets this passed, ham radio is NO MORE.  It will be CB City.  10-4 Good
Buddy.