[SECC] KS4YT 160m contest

Allan & Bridget dxcc at dbtech.net
Mon Jan 26 15:50:13 EST 2004

Hello!
Here are the data from my search and pounce efforts over the weekend.  Don't
really know the actual time spent operating...would have loved to have sat
and called CQ, but didn't have the energy for it and Allan was fairly
exhausted as well.  My multiop partner KV4T has been playing with antennas
again, so it was good for him to see the outcome of his experimentation.

Had horrible receive problems, in part from QRM and in part because I
believe the FT 920 has some problems receiving CW signals...crowded band or
not.  If anyone knows an easy fix for this, please let me know.  We used a
30m antenna (loop) as an improvised receive antenna, but hope to get some
beverages up later on.

Heard several SECCers and hope that we didn't miss anyone who was calling
CQ...

We were multi-op high power, using the FT 920, the TL 922A, and a 1/4 wave
vertical.

  193  QSOs.               512 QSO points
                                   x 59 Multipliers
                                   = 30208 Claimed score

W/VE mults:
CT   MA   NH   NY   NJ   DE   PA   MD   AL   GA   NC   FL   SC   TN   VA
AR   LA   NM   TX   OK   CA   AZ   MT   NV   UT   WA   WY   MI   OH   WV
IL   IN   WI   CO   IA   MN   MO   SD   PEI  PQ   ON   BC

DX:
C6 CM  CT  DL  EA  EA8  EI  F   FM   HI  KH6  KP2  PJ2  V3   VP5  XE   YU

73,
Bridget, KS4YT