[SECC] ARRL Sweepstakes

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Sat Jun 5 09:21:26 EDT 2004

Does anyone have a workable time strategy established for the CW Sweepstakes contest that they would like to share?

Since you are allowed to operate 24 hours out of the 30 hours, time management can be important. I have thought about not operating in these periods:

Sunday morning from 2 am until 5am, and Sunday from 10am until 1pm.

Does this sound like the 'best' times where minumum activity occurs?

>From the ARRL web pages, it looks like the SECC did pretty good collectively in last years SS. Any thoughts toward possibly doubling our collective scores for this coming November?

I live near Valdosta (Cecil, Ga.) and from what I have been able to find out, there is practically NO contest activity down here. Heck, as far as I can find out, I am probably the only CW operator in this area. (But I did get plenty of snears and snide remarks when I was at a Valdosta Amateur Radio Club meeting and mentioned I am a CW operator!) I was actually shocked that the VARC did not even mention the GAQP on their web site. I'm  thinking about setting up a new area club to generate contest interest, but I just have  the feeling it's going to be a very tough sell. Any thoughts or comments to help generate more HF and contest interest in south Georgia sure would be appreciated.

Tom - W4BQF

aldermant at alltel.net