[SECC] June VHF Party

David L. Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 14 23:30:29 EDT 2004

I made 17 QSOs in 3 hours using the FT 920 and either my 40 meter beam or 4
el Comet at 11 feet above the roof pointing WsW.   Dx included ZF1DC and
T49Y.  I heard 9Y4AT and YV1DIG.

I made a list of stations that I heard (reached 45) that were heard for a
short transmission (like K1TEO) or just did not hear me (AF6O).  Longest USA
distances included K5AM (NM) and KM0T who said I was loud.  Beside K1TEO I
heard W2SZ for the only other NE station.  Heard absolutely no W8 or 9 this
time.  And why is it that 5 out of 6 Florida stations were in EL96.

Most consistent stations heard and worked were W5KFT, KE8FD, K5TR, and local
WO4DX.  Multis AA4ZZ and W4NH were weak (S2 to 5) but Neal K4EA at W4NH
heard me on Sunday nite
at 0100Z or so for one of two QSOs on Sunday.

If I had a real beam at 70 feet I probably could have put another 30 or 40
QSos in the log.  Looks like the stations running the most were in EM00(TX)
or Florida.

Real score report going to WA7BNM page soon.

73 Dave K4JRB