[SECC] Claimed Score CQWW 160 M SSB K4BAI

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 1 17:19:38 EST 2004

Hello all:

Below is my report to 3830 on the CQ 160 M SSB Contest last weekend.
Even with no real antenna for that band (feeding the center conductor of
my 80 meter inverted vee through an antenna tuner as if it were an end
fed wire), it was fun.  Good to hear a lot of activity.  I heard some
very loud European stations Friday night (not Saturday), but didn't work
any.  The two that I recall best were HG1S and GI3OQR.  I also heard at
least two YV stations, VP9GE, and one or two other Caribbean or Central
American stations (a TG I now remember) that I didn't get through to.

I took my wife out to dinner about the time the contest started on
Friday night when she returned from a historical society trip to
Washington and Madison, GA in connection with her job.  Saturday night,
we went to the theatre.  So, I lost a lot of "prime time" operating.  I
was able to work throughout the US mainly plus VY2, VE3, VE5.  I don't
recall working anyone in DC, NM, ID, UT, NV, SD, ND.  I must have worked
some of those though, or my W/VE mult wouldn't have been as high as it was.

DX worked:  C6, XE, KP2 (2), VP5, V4, KP4, FM, HI, P4 (2).

Here are the calls I find in the log from AL, GA, and SC:

AL:  K4WI, KY5R, W4RYW (Auburn), W4JSI (near Huntsville), N4IXT (Bham),
and W4JVY.

GA:  W1IBQ, WA4TII, N4NX, N4PN, N4GG, W4TED, KM4QQ, K4MOG, WO4DX
(Amicola Falls State Park, near Dawsonville).

SC:  WA4MYO, K4CNW, W4UNP.

Thanks for all the QSOs.

73,

John, K4BAI.

                     CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5

Total:  QSOs = 294  State/Prov = 44  Countries = 9  Total Score = 35,987

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/