[SECC] Fw: ARRLDX SSB K4WI SOSB/10 HP

Courtney Judd - K4WI k4wi at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 7 18:22:31 EST 2004

My hourly rate was so slow that Writelog could not figure out my time
on/off. I don't think I ever got over 20/hour at anytime!

Subject: ARRLDX SSB K4WI SOSB/10 HP

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K4WI
Operator(s): K4WI
Station: K4WI

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  207    60
-------------------
Total:  207    60  Total Score = 37,260

Club:

Comments:

This is going into my personal record book as the strangest contest ever! I
thought the CW test two weeks ago was slow! First time in 35 years of
contesting
that I had ZERO contacts on Friday evening(10 meters). Saturday was horrible
with only a few Euro's making it into the log. Sunday was a tad better but
not
by much. The band would open and I could make one or two qso's and then it
would
shut down again for 10 minutes or so and then repeat. Only highlight was the
number of stations telling me that I was the only NA station that they could
hear. Good for the ego! VQ9LA calls in and says I am 10 over 9 but the only
NA
station he is hearing. A45WD tells me the same. I finally started keeping a
list. JA3YBK is only JA to make it into the log on Sunday evening. Only had
14
Euro Mult's.. all mostly southern and mid Europe.. If it wasn't for South
America and the Caribbean stations , it would have been a total waste. Guess
that's part of it! Thanks to everyone who pulled me out!

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/