[SECC] Re: [SEDXC] Bart Fay, W4NS

nf4a nf4a at knology.net
Mon Mar 8 22:25:38 EST 2004

John...Bart (then K4CEF) is the sole reason I am in ham radio.

When I was 10 years old, Bart lived about 2 blocks from my house. We were
experiencing TVI from him when I watch cartoons on Saturday morning and it
really intrigued me. My father was his sunday school teacher and recognized
Bart's voice....that Valiant really came through nicely on our old Motorola
17 inch B&W TV!

He took me over to Bart's house, which was right behind the Piggly Wiggly
store which his father managed. It took me about 10 seconds to decide I
wanted to be a ham after seeing that Valiant and HQ-100!

When I got my Novice license in July, 1962, Bart had just gotten a brand
new TA-33jr and he gave my his Hygain 3 element 15 meter beam. Within 30
minutes of putting it up, I had worked 9Q5KS and KH6EHR on 15 cw!

I also graduated from high school with Bart's sister Cora.

I will keep him in my prayers and I hope everyone else does too!

Charlie Wooten
NF4A (ex WA4IMC/WN4IMC)
Panama City