[SECC] Wisconsin QSO Party Rule Clarification

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Fri Mar 12 11:21:48 EST 2004

Hello all:

Here is a response from Lynn, K9KR, to my inquiry about the ambiguous
rules for Wi QSO Party.  He doens't seem to realize that they are
ambibuous, but the answer is clear:  There are still power multipliers
and they are as stated on the sample summary sheet accessible from their
website.

73,

John, K4BAI.

Hi John

Thanks for the question.

There are two selections on our website to get the rules and entry forms -
one is a simple printing
download to be filled out and sent in - and the other one is an adobe
version that is also intended to be filled out and sent in.  The forms are
the same for both (  other than minor cosmetic things, such as underlining
some important items -  and boxes instead of just a line to place your "x"
in when entering -  on the adobe form ).  The adobe version has both the
rules and entry forms combined.

The power multiplier is on the summary sheet part of either format, where it
needed to calculate the score.
They are 1 for high power, 1.5 for low power and 2 for QRP.

Our advertisement for 2004 WIQP has been in CQ, QST and also Ward has it on
the current Contest Rate sheet.
They all show the power levels and the actual power multiplier.

I hope that answers your question.  If you  need anything further, let me
know.   C U Sunday.
Best 73

Lynn K9KR
Chairman WIQP for WARAC