[SECC] 2004 GQP Results Update

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 16 09:36:37 EST 2004

   Hi Everyone,

     After putting in a marathon session this weekend I am happy to report that
  the log checking for the 2003 Georgia QSO Party is complete. I will be putting
  together the results and write-up and it will be posted to the GQP webpage in
  about a week. I was very disappointed that only 8 stations in the whole state
  of Georgia even bothered to submit a log. (not including the rovers) I am
  sure that the problems we had with the past director contributed to this
  along with us having everyone resubmit their logs. I counted over 20
  stations that didn't even bother to resubmit.

     Now that we have reached this point we need to reestablish our
  creditability with the contesting community. I am asking that you all try
  to support the contest this year by operating and sending in your logs.
  I also hope there are plans for some more rover activity too.

      I volunteered to take over as the GQP director because I am interested in
  taking it to the level of the CQP and PA QSP Party. Increased activity will
  make it fun for everyone. I know what to do to reach this goal based on my
  past experience in running the Ohio QSO Party.

    That being said... I will be implementing the following rule changes
  concerning log submissions for the 2004 GQP.

   1) All electronic submissions should be in a Cabrillo format only. Any logs
      received in any other format will be classified as check logs.

   2) All submissions that have 200 or more contacts should be submitted
      electronically. Paper logs with under 200 contacts will be accepted.
      Paper logs with over 200 contacts will be classified as check logs.

        I do not have the desire or the time to manually enter a 1200 QSO paper
     log into my log checking program. Also, you would not believe all the
     various types of electronic formats that I received. Converting this data
     was the most time consuming task I encountered in checking the logs. I
     would like to use the Cabrillo standard so it will allow me to process
     logs quickly. There is free software on the GQP website and other freeware
     such as N1MM support the GQP. There is no reason why almost everyone can
     submit in the correct format.

        All comments and suggestions are welcomed and I will be at the club
    meeting this weekend to discuss them.

                             73, Jeff  KU8E