[SECC] PJ4G Available for 2005 WPX

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 22 11:21:23 EST 2004

  Hi,

   I have had several guys ask me about places to operate a SSB contest in the Caribbean. I just found out today that the PJ4G station , which W9RE,N5OT and myself operated as PJ4R , in the ARRL DX CW contest, is available for 2005 WPX SSB. The rental is $850 a week. ($750 rental + $100 donantion to PJ4G club) I
will vouch for this station. It has a 60 foot tower with a Force 12 C31XR and a 2nd 90 foot tower with a Force 12 2 el 40 meter beam. There is an 80/75 meter dipole strung between the two towers. There is also a beverage , which probably will be permenently installed toward the USA.

Inside is an Icom 756PRO and an Ameritron AL1200. There is also an extra MLA2500
available as a backup. We ran both these amps in ARRL DX with no problems at all. For addition information see http://www.dxholiday.com/sa/pj2.htm and the additional link with photos at http://www.dxholiday.com/sa/k2ng.htm .

I would be happy to share a copy of our PJ4R contest log and additional pictures (when I get them for N5OT and W9RE) with you.

                           73, Jeff  KU8E/PJ4R

P.S. : W9RE, N5OT , N4GG and myself will be returning to the QTH for the 2005
       ARRL DX CW as PJ4R.....