[SECC] Claimed Score K4BAI Indiana QSO Party 2004

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 3 16:06:29 EDT 2004

Here is a copy of my report to 3830 on the Ind QSO Party last Saturday.
  They turned out a fair number of mobile and portable stations, but
(like the Ga QSO Party), the number of Indiana fixed stations
participating seemed below potential to me.

I had a very hard time with WN9O who was mobile or portable on several
county lines.  He picked his own abbreviations (not the standard ones)
and some were very ambiguous.  He always used the first three letters of
a county name.  In several cases, there are were two counties that had
the first three letters the same and in one case, there were three.  He
couldn't (or wouldn't) respond to any questions I asked.  He wouldn't
(or couldn't?) confirm my guess as to what county he meant, he wouldn't
clarify what he was sending, he

and seemed completely oblivious to the questions except that he knew I
was sending him something other than "599 GA."  Very frustrating.  After
struggling with an Indiana county map, I'm sure that I got the counties
right (and used the standard abbreviations from the official list), but
he caused me (and I am sure others) a lot of unnecessary grief.

73,

John, K4BAI.

                     Indiana QSO Party

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 5.25

   160:    0      0
    80:    6      0
    40:   34     15
    20:   17      0
    15:    0      0
    10:    0      0
Total:   57     15  CW Mults = 40  Ph Mults = 13  Total Score = 6,837

Thanks to all the mobiles and portables, especially Mel, KJ9C, who gave
me OWEN, one of a few
Indiana counties that I still don't have confirmed.

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW output, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted vee.

73,

John, K4BAI.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/