[SECC] Last Weekend's Contests - Claimed Scores

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 5 16:19:40 EDT 2004

Hello all:  It seems the NEQP boys got a better turn out than most state
QSO parties do.  Too bad I have had all counties in New England
confirmed for more than 30 years.  The Ind QSO Party was also well
attended, particularly by Ind mobiles.  The CH QSO Party seemed to have
more activity than has been the case for the past several years.  I
don't have computer software to log that one by computer and doubt I
will find time to send in a paper log, but I did get about 8 new
counties from around the country in the CH test and one from Indiana
(thanks KJ9C/M).  The Welcome to Europe and ARI (Italy) contests
generated some DX activity, the latter maybe more on SSB than CW when I
was listening.  Here are the claimed scores from our members (plus NF4A
who is subscribed to our reflector and I wanted especially to credit him
with beating my HP score with his LP score with fewer hours also).

New England QSO Party
Call    CW Q  Ph Q  Mult  Score    Hours   Category
N4PN    217   301   67    49,245   19      SOHP      67 is all counties
NF4A    175   133   61    29,463   10.6    SOLP
K4BAI   173   128   62    29,388   13.25   SOHP
K4PIC   107    25   48    11,472   --      M/S HP    Ops?
W4NTI    43    19   31     3,255   2       SOLP
N4LR     29    29   30     2,610   --      SOLP      Balanced modes
WB6BWZ   28     0   19     1,064   3.9     SOQRP
N4GG     17     0   14       476   <1      SOHP

MARAC CW County Hunters Contest

WB6BWZ   97         86    73,358   11.7    QRP

Indiana QSO Party

K4BAI    57    15   53     6,837    5.25   SOHP
WB6BWZ   46     4   40     3,840    5.7    SOQRP

Spartan Sprint (QRP)
Call    80 M  40 M  20 M  All Bands Hours  Category
K4BAI   14    44    12    70        2.0    Heavy (assumed to be 30#)
WB6BWZ   5     9     4    18        1.9    Heavy (assumed to be 30#)

There are a lot of contests this upcoming weekend.  Armed Forces Day
with crossband QSOs with MARS stations is Saturday (not the real Armed
Forces Day, but the communications part of it).  There is a new
Mid-Atlantic QSO Party (DE, MD/DC, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV), NV and OR State
QSO Parties, an Internet Sprint for two hours on Saturday, the FISTS
Spring Sprint (note that this is Saturday, not Sunday as reported in the
Rate Sheet from ARRL), CQ-M DX Contest, Alessandro Volta RTTY DX
Contest, a Portuguese Navy Day Contest, and a Six Meter Spring Sprint to
run from 23 UTC Sat until 03 UTC Sunday.  The E-skip season is just
beginning and it's time for us part-timers on six meters to start
monitoring that band again.  I will almost certainly not have time to
summarize the rules of these contests for the reflector since I am
attending a bankruptcy seminar out of town on Friday.  See the WA7BNM,
SM3CER, or ARRL Contest websites or the ARRL Rate Sheet for more
information and references to webpages with official rules.

Hope everyone has a good week and weekend.

73,

John, K4BAI.