[SECC] Oregon QSO Party this weekend

John Laney k4bai at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 5 16:25:09 EDT 2004

See the message below from K4XU about the Oregon QSO Party this weekend.

73,

John, K4BAI.

So we've done the Georgia party, the Florida Party and the New
England QSO party. Now everyone is either tired of them or, as I
hope, well trained and eager for the next round. Next weekend has the
new Mid-Atlantic party (with NY NJ PA MD DE VA and WV participating
en masse) and Out West there is the Nevada and the Oregon QSO Party.

Speaking on behalf of the organizing club, the Oregon QSO Party will
have all 36 counties available on both modes (yes dear, I do own a
mic.). It starts at 14Z on May 8th and goes for just the following 12
hours. I look forward to hearing from our avid county-chasing members
(LY3BA et al) and hopefully, lots of others in search of the elusive
Windle point. Driver KI6Y and I will be making a 600 mile journey
through 13 of Oregon's remote eastern counties where the population
density hovers around one person per square mile.

All the necessary maps, rules, county information, and logging
support files are found at www.codxc.org. Our itinary is also posted
on the web site and we will try hard to keep to the schedule.

QSO parties are all run a bit higher in the band than our normal .025
operating spot. I expect to operate near 14041 and same VFO on 15 and
40m as appropriate.

I look forward to seeing many members this Saturday and we can
compare notes on mobile equipment and tactics at Dayton on the
following weekend.

161,  Dick k4xu

Yahoo! Groups Links