[SECC] TNX for Mid-Atlantic QP qso

Bob K4MUT k4mut at arrl.net
Tue May 11 18:52:53 EDT 2004

Thank you all on the SECC reflector who found K4MUT/M during the QP.
Always nice to hear familiar calls. Thank you John, K4BAI, for the plug
on the reflector before the contest. Over 1000 miles, 57 counties, 642
QSO.  Not bad for the first time party Mid-Atlantic QP by an amateur
mobiler.  I was jet-lagged from an all-night flight (got in at 0930
local) from Alaska and was very fortunate to have Iain, G4JMM, drive on
Saturday. Don't think I could have done it without him. On my own Sunday
for the driving, operating and logging. Iced my hands on Monday and
think I will be ready for the drive to Dayton on Thursday.

Almost all the activity was on 40m.  Things picked up a bit on 20m in
the late afternoon. Only a few on 80m.  Nothing on 15m or 10m.  3 qso on
2m.  Missed working some of the county hunters who were looking for MD
eastern shore counties, so I may make another run over there later in
the month.  Not many qso from the west, although the propagation was
there since I did work a few western states.

Anyone I worked who wants a QSL, drop me an email.  I'll try to decipher
my paper logs, convert them to computer and print out cards when I get
back from Dayton.  Or, if you are going to Dayton, send the email now
and I will try to have a card there for you.

I'll probably show up at the county hunter forum on Friday pm and would
enjoy an eyeball.
73,
BOB/k4mut