[SECC] Something funny, something promising, something challenging

Scott Straw scottstraw at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 2 16:00:02 EST 2004

At the risk of getting my membership revoked, I pass along a funny that was
in the Kim Kommando newsletter dated 10/16/04.  Since it pertains, or could
pertain, to ham radio, maybe I'll get by with just a censure...

Two antennas meet on a roof, fall in love and get married. The ceremony
wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

Thank you all for the vicarious thrill I have gotten over the past years
from reading about your contesting exploits.  After the flurry of reports
about the CQWW SSB event, I have resolved that tonight I will move the
plastic tub with all of my ham radio gear in it from the garage to my
upstairs office.  If I get ambitious, I may even unpack it onto the
desk.  I don't want to do too much too fast... head rush!

I have several PC's in the office, but they are all in use as streaming
audio providers.  What I have idle are two Mac G3's.  One is a PowerPC that
has a pretty impressive collection of audio and video connections.  I'm
wondering if any of you are Mac-philes and could recommend software for ham
radio in general, and contesting in particular, that would work with this
G3 running OS8.1.

Scott Straw
KB4KBS

The "Hiram Percy Maxim".... Scheduling conflicts, interruptions, and
equipment problems
will always manage to manifest themselves most profoundly around amateur
radio contest dates.